Friday, February 21, 2014

Easy DIY Protein shake

Hello all, sorry I have been MIA all this time. I have been very busy with life, work, getting toned up and fit for the summer. I recently have been coming up with different ways to increase my protein intake. I'm not a fan of protein shakes bought at the store nor am I a fan of those muscle protein bottles of powder you can use in your drinks. I'm more of a DIY at home kind of gal. So, I came up with a fun easy way to make my own protein shake at home. I have been drinking an 8oz for the past 3 days and it is so yummy and filling. I normally drink it about 15 mins after my workout.

1 banana
1 egg
1 serving size of any flavor light yogurt (I wouldn't recommend using greek yogurt, but if you would like greek yogurt go for it)
2/4 cup of almond milk or if you would rather chose regular milk that's fine.

throw you ingredients into the blender. Blend for about 15 seconds to really breakdown the raw flavor of the egg. I can't stand a raw egg in my mouth it makes me gag so I wait about 15 seconds til I stop the blender. Pour your shake into an 8oz glass and drink up. Simple as that. Perfect amount of protein after a workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment