Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Daregal Gourmet Herb Review

I received a sampler of Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen herbs to review as a part of a Blog Friendly PR campaign. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received.


At home, me and my boyfriend love to cook dinner together. We enjoy incorporating different herbs into our foods for more flavor. And we also find it better than adding salt, because I am a huge "anti-salt" person. I have found that keeping herbs frozen are much better than keeping them in your refrigerator  They last longer and not to mention the flavor is much better. It's very convenient if you ask me. I received a sampler of Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen herbs. I received garlic, parsley, cilantro and basil. I immediately thought of a dinner idea that I would be able to incorporate all the herbs into, grilled chicken tenders. I first marinated the chicken with all the herbs before grilling them. It was an easy process of opening the containers the herbs came in. It wasn't science to get them opened. The right amount came out of the container. I really liked the packaging of the herbs. I've never seen any herbs come in a container like the Daregal Gourmet containers. After marinating the chicken, I placed a sheet of foil on top of my pan to prevent the tenders from sticking, then i lightly sprayed some EVOO on top of the foil. I let each side cook for about 6-8 minutes each or until cooked. 

As the tenders cooked you can smell the garlic so heavenly I kid you not it smelled much differently than having non frozen garlic. Almost as if Daregal Gourmet garlic had more garlic flavor than any typical clove of garlic. I also loved how as the chicken cooked the herbs were able to set onto the chicken. From personal experience if I were to have used other herbs they would have fallen off and onto the pan. Something I dislike, not having your herbs on the chicken they always seem to fall off making the chicken plain and boring. But not the Daregal Gourmet herbs, they were able to set onto the chicken pretty well, it really amazed me. 

Here above is my finished dinner. I meant to add another side of greens, but forgot so please excuse me. I topped the chicken tenders with vineger carrots and onions. As you can see the chicken tenders still have the herbs on them. Fantastic. While eating my tenders I noticed the flavor of my food was beyond flavorful. I can definalty taste the garlic and the other herbs. Daregal Gourmet herbs met my expectations. I personally would recommend the Daregal Gourmet herbs to family and friends for sure. I even saved a little to share with my mom for her to try them out as well. I'm pretty confident that she will enjoy them as much as I did. It will be a little hard giving her the garlic because that was my favorite herb. But I like spreading the love of a great product. The Daregal Gourmet herbs are available at www.amazon.com and in the Northeast region at Stop n Shop, Giant Landover and Shaws. Here is the link to their Amazon store where you will be able to view their other amazing herbs and products AND also shop for your own herbs Daregal Gourmet Amazon Store . You can also visit Daregal Gourmet's website here where you will be able to read about them, read and grab tips and ideas for meals, store locators and more Fresh Frozen Herbs You can also "like" Daregal Gourmet on Facebook Like Daregal Gourmet Here. Liked this review, let me know in a comment below which herb you would chose and in what recipe would you incorporate the herb in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment