Monday, June 20, 2011

Walgreens trip for this week 6/19-6/25

Walgreens wasnt as good this week with their register reward deals. I was sort of disappointed with that but my trip overall was a bit frustrating. Not with my shopping but with the cashier. For some reason, when I go to walgreens, well the one I go to, I always look at the cashier to make sure I don't get the one lady that gives me a hard time with the coupons. I hadnt seen her for a while, but I did yesterday. I thought to myself, oh gosh, here we go again, lets see how she tries to stop me from using my coupons this time.

Transaction #1
(2) gillette bodywashes -$4.99 each *$2.99 with in-ad coupon*
(6) royal gelatins- $0.19 each =$1.14

used (1) b1g1 gillette bodywash and (1) $2.00 off 1 gillette bodywash
*heres where it went wrong. Cashier insisted I couldn't use the gillette coupons on only 2 products. I was using the b1g1 and a $2.00/1 coupon. I had to have 3 bodywashes in order to use both coupons. I nicely looked at her and asked her to please get me a manager. Long line forming and I don't care I knew she was wrong just like she always is. While waiting for the manager she kept trying to convince me that I was wrong and I couldnt do that. I looked at her and told her I understood what she's trying to tell me, I've been doing this for way too long to agree with her statement I still wanted to speak with the manager. Manager gets there, cashier explains they cant do that it wont work. Manager asked if the coupons scanned, cashier said she hadnt tried it, she scanned both coupons and wata you know, they both went through. She looked at me and gave me the stank eye. Handed me my receipt and didnt say a thing.

total before coupons- $$11.12
Total after coupons $0.13 cents

Transaction #2
(2) gillette bodywashes -$4.99 each *$2.99 with in ad coupon*
(3) hunts tomatoe sauce- $0.99 each * 3/$1.00 with in ad coupon*
(1) royal gelatin -$0.19

total before coupons: $13.14
total after coupons: -$0.18

I also picked up my free father's day photo collage that I made online.

Transaction #3
(1) gillette razor -$9.89
(1) royal gelatin- $0.19

total before coupons -$10.08
total after coupons:-$.96
recieved $5.00 back in RR

Not bad but bad cashier expierience. Now one thing I did notice when I got home and looked over my receipts was that for the gillette bodywash instead of taking away the $2.99 for those she took away $4.99 for the b1g1 coupon. I guess she was too upset at the fact that I was right that she got distracted and wanted to get rid of me. I didn't want to go back and have to phase her again for taking an additional $2.00 off. I've had enough just seeing her. I'm really a nice person, really nice. Not trying to brag but I am. But when it comes down to someone whose keeping me from trying to save and making up stories about how the coupon I have aren't for the items I got or I need to buy more than what I have, we have a problem. I love to save money. I really do and God bless the old lady but I just think she hates couponers. Never feel that the cashier is right, because I used to work at a drugstore and my manager always said to us, "the customer is always right." And I was. So speak to a manager if this ever happens to you. Don't feel embarrased because in the end, no one eles is paying for your stuff except you. So if you're paying $3.00 more dollars than $0.99 for an item with a coupon then you are really wasting your money and time standing in line and letting the cashier prove you wrong when your're right.  And take the walgreens survey and give them your feedback. Feedback always works too!

1 comment:

  1. lawdy lawd woman! I def feel ya on that one! Idc if a line is forming....r they gonna pay for my stuff? no? then they can wait! hahaha!!! Stank eye! and the foochie face!

    ReplyDelete